The White Plains Council of Neighborhood Associations (WPCNA) coordinates the neighborhood associations in White Plains, NY.
Its purpose is to enhance the quality of life in the City, and in particular, in its neighborhoods.
As an advisory council, the WPCNA functions by disseminating information and opinion to the public and public officials, and by encouraging local action.
Its monthly meetings bring together both representatives from the member associations, who come to discuss the citywide issues impacting their neighborhoods, and unaffiliated White Plains residents, who come to voice individual concerns.
The WPCNA encourages members to develop and share resources and activities to benefit the people of White Plains.
June Monthly Meeting:
Talk Parking, Traffic & Transportation with Commissioners Larson & Soyk
The June Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 7:30 pm at Education House, 5 Homeside Lane, White Plains, NY. Our guests will be Parking & Traffic Commissioner John Larson and Thomas Soyk, the Deputy Commissioner and City Transportation Engineer.
Although White Plains has won AAA’s top Platinum Award for the outstanding effectiveness of its traffic safety programs every year but one since 2001, the Empire State's fastest growing city continues to seek improvement. By popular request, Parking & Traffic Commissioners Larson and Soyk are joining us to discuss the latest developments in their department, including the Park White Plains app, and to answer questions about dowtown parking, bike lanes, red light cameras, the Transit Center and more.
The meeting is open to the public -- bring your friends and neighbors -- and will start promptly at 7:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
This is sure to be a lively evening so please come early to get a good seat and allow time for audience participation and networking.
1. Annual WPCNA dues for 2016 are still only $25. Neighborhood association delegates should bring a check payable to WPCNA to the meeting. One check per association.
2. 2106 Meeting Schedule 1/12/2016, 2/9/2016, 3/8/2016, 4/12/2016, 5/10/2016, 6/14/2016, 9/13/2016, 10/18/2016, 11/15/2016, 12/13/2016. All meetings are second Tuesdays, except 10/18/2016 and 11/15/2016 which are third Tuesdays.
3. The Minutes of the May 10, 2016 meeting can be read online or downloaded in PDF format. We will not distribute paper copies at the meeting.
If you'd like to speak or have a suggestion for a future WPCNA meeting, please let us know.
- To subscribe to the WPCNA (low volume) newsletter, use the opt-in form.
- To communicate with the WPCNA, please use our contact form.